UTI stands for urinary tract infection. It has very unpleasant and fatigue symptoms that recurrently occur. The treatment often involves antibiotics and people also use various home remedies for UTI treatment in order to avoid antibiotics or even to relieve the symptoms.
Consuming lots and lots of liquid is highly advised in case of Urinary tract infection. These liquids will flush away the bacteria from the urinary tract. It is best considered to consume eight glasses of water daily or else, the bacteria will have time to replicate and the infection will become severe and make the situation worse.
- One of the most effective home remedies for UTI is cranberry juice. The cranberry juice has properties that fight the bacteria and eliminate it from the urinary tract for once and for all. It is best to consume it as it is, in its natural form on a regular basis.
If you don’t like the taste, you can mix the juice with apple juice in equal proportions and have it. The cranberry juice is also good for the overall health condition as it is quite rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin-C. It helps in boosting the immune system and it fights infections in the body.
- Echinacea is one of the most promising home remedies for treating UTI. If you can drink the Echinacea tea rather than taking capsules, it will prove best for you as you will be increasing your liquid intake that way. If you don’t take tea, you can take 2-3 capsules daily because the effect will be the same.
- The point of home remedies for UTI treatment is to cleanse and purify the urinary tract and to eliminate the bacteria that are causing the bacterial infection. Baking soda has anti-bacterial properties that kill the harmful bacteria and preserves the health of urinary tract.
Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda n one glass of plain water and drink it every day. Baking soda water will reach all the problematic areas in your body and will specifically fight the infection.
- Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective and trustworthy home remedies for UTI. It is rich in essential Vitamins and minerals that the UTI patients lack miserably. It contains some types of enzymes what fight infections. The action of apple cider vinegar is effectively comparable with that of antibiotics, without any side effects.
- Certain types of tea and decoctions can be effectively used in order to flush away the harmful and infectious bacteria and to increase the activity of kidneys. For instance, Marshmallow tea is one of the widely used natural home remedies for UTI.
A decoction or a concentration made of coriander seeds is also good for the UTI treatment because of its diuretic effect and it also prevents the urine for remaining in the bladder for a long period of time.
You should also take care of a proper hygiene such as to take shower instead of baths, avoid bath oils, try to go for urination before and after having sex, wipe from front to back of your private parts after using toilets and wear clean undergarments.