MRI basically means magnetic resonance imaging and it is a common scan suggested by the doctors all across the globe. Radio waves and strong magnetic field is used in case of MRI. The end result is highly detailed images. Thus whether it is the body organs or tissues, a holistic diagnosis can be done with the help of MRI scan. In the earlier times MRI techniques were not that advanced but in the present times things have changed and a revolution has come in the field of medical technology. This procedure is highly advanced in the present times. MRI scanning is a painless procedure and it is non invasive in nature.
The best centre for MRI scan
If your doctor has suggested opting for an MRI scan and you are confused about the centre choice, then you should think about mri scan bangalore. In bangalore there are really good hospitals and advanced level labs. You will get supreme facility in realtion to MRI scan and the rates will not burn your pockets.
The usefulness of MRI scans
MRI scan helps in examining the inside of the body with great detailing. It can help to diagnose various health issues and here is an idea about the same –
- Such a scan can detect the problems associated with spinal cord and the brain.
- If a doctor is having a doubt about cysts or tumors then he may suggest the patient to opt for MRI scan.
- In cases of breast cancer also, proper screening can be done with the help of MRI scan.
- If there are joint related abnormalities then also MRI scan is helpful.
- MRI scans are also suggested for diagnosing heart related problems.
- A lot of women complain about pelvic pain and in order to evaluate the condition in a better manner the doctor may suggest MRI scan.
- MRI scans are also suggested for various other health problems like liver diseases, infertility, fibroids, endometriosis etc.
This is just a basic idea that how MRI scan is helpful. In reality such a scan can help in diagnosing various other health issues as well.
Some facts about MRI scan
MRI scan helps in obtaining the cross sectional images of various internal organs. The different components of an MRI machine are computer, magnets, radio waves etc. The MRI scanner is like a large tube kind of structure and the patient is asked to lie down on the table which slides inside the machine. Many people are fearful of the procedure but the doctors are highly trained in guiding the patients. The time involved in each MRI scan is not the same. The actual time will depend on the body area to be scanned. Generally the procedure can take few minutes to hours. So, the situation will differ from case to case.
People have a perception in mind that MRI scan will cause side effect. In the present times medical technology is really good and the chances of side effects are almost negligible. So, there is no need to worry about this aspect. The mri centers in bangalore are simply the best and the case of each and every patient is handled in an unprecedented manner.